Thursday, October 20, 2011

Who was Shakespeare?

Shakespeare is the name everyone would know. His plays being his foundation, everyone is mostly familiar with Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar, and Hamlet. He was a well known poet, whose work was greatly admired. The main conflict seen is did Shakespeare write these plays? Evidence, I guess, has been found saying and Edward de Vere wrote the books. Saying events cloes to his life match the plays. Can the they actually say the evidence is factual. It more of a second thought process if you ask me. They don't really have and documentation to prove their points. Many claim Shakespeare was illiterate, and could not have written those plays. It is now questionable if Shakespeare did even write these plays. In reality though I feel we will never know and is a waste of time to try and figure out this mystery. If they can't find any hard evidence then know one will really be convince. It is a sad thought is if Edward de Vere did write these plays, he should get the right to have his name on his works and deserves credit.

Student's perceived Shakespeare's work as "Old English." Over the years I was never really a fan of Shakespeare's works. I didn't like Romeo  and Juliet and I felt Julius Caesar was alright. Once I started to read Hamlet I liked the book a lot. And started to understand his work more. I think the way I had read his words may had threw me off when I was younger. I do remember not understanding not much of it and seeing the story's plot as horrible. I think taking Acts step by step has made me understand it better. I also think though the plot to Hamlet got my attention. The language is th only thing I sturggle with, it is sometimes hard to understand what he is saying. I feel if I didn't have the foot notes in my version of Hamlet, I probably woud have not understand it well at all.


http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/merchant/shakespeare.html
http://www.bard.org/education/studyguides/shakespeare/words.html
http://www.smdp.com/Articles-c-2011-10-19-72784.113116-Movie-review-The-case-for-Edward-de-Vere.html

No comments:

Post a Comment